Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.bigblackdogs.net

Sorry for inconvenience...

Big Black Dog: Whisk Wednesdays — Brochet au beurre blanc

November 13, 2008

Whisk Wednesdays — Brochet au beurre blanc



Our recipe this week for Whisk Wednesdays is Entrecôte Lyonnaise or Steak Lyonnaise style.

This is one of the simplest recipes we've done so far. And personally I have a hard time calling this french cooking as it seems pretty down home steak and potatoes to me! But the onions saute in butter, EVOO, stock, white white and red wine vinegar are too die for!!!!!! I ate some onions with every bite of steak and every bite of potato! And my husband, Mr. Tastebuds, loved them too!

I did read the recipe incorrectly and now understand that I was supposed to mix onions in with the potatoes and then make separate saute onions with the wine and stock for the steak. Oh well, it still was good!



Entrecote Lyonnaise
Recipe adapted from Cordon Bleu At Home

Lyonnaise Potatoes
2 lbs medium waxy potatoes (red or white), unpeeled
6 TBL butter
2 TBL vegetable oil (I use EVOO)
2 medium onions, sliced fine
Salt and Pepper

1 TBL veg. oil (I used EVOO)
3 sirloin steaks, 14 oz each
Salt and Pepper
6 TBL unsalted butter
6 medium onions, sliced fine
1/2 c. white wine
1 1/2 TBL red wine vinegar
1 c. brown stock (I used chicken stock)
1 TBL chopped parsley
1/2 bunch watercress for garnish (I used fresh parsley)


We had a gorgeous fall this year in Northern IL. My oaks were were in full color along with the maples. It was so pretty and even the weather cooperated with warm temperatures until late last week! Below is the view from my office window. Isn't it gorgeous!!




All Rights Reserved 2008 © Big Black Dog

Labels: , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger NKP said...

Steak, onions and potatoes. Were there ever better friends?
Great job!

November 13, 2008 at 11:15 PM  
Blogger Shari said...

I agree that this was one of the more simpler LCB recipes (especially compared to consomme!!). Very tasty!

November 14, 2008 at 11:11 PM  
Blogger giz said...

I have honestly been craving a steak for a while now - I'm not big on red meat but once in a while - oh boy - and this looks out of this world.

November 15, 2008 at 12:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, this looks so very very good...I would say you did a perfect job! And, that tree photo is a perfect shot also...gorgeous!

November 20, 2008 at 12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home