Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.bigblackdogs.net

Sorry for inconvenience...

Big Black Dog: Whisk Wednesdays — Pavis de Rumsteak au Poivre Vert

November 6, 2008

Whisk Wednesdays — Pavis de Rumsteak au Poivre Vert


This weeks recipe for Whisk Wednesdays is Pavis de Rumsteak au Poivre Vert or Pepper Steak which is one of my favorites. Although one of my favorites, I've never made it and it's so easy and fun!


I thought I had all the ingredients but when I went to get the cream I knew I was in trouble. I had less then 1/4 c. of cream so had to substitute 2% milk. But even with this small substitution the steak was delicious. I served it with steamed, buttered broccoli and roasted potatoes. YUMMY!!




Pavis de Rumsteak au Poivre Vert
Recipe adapted from Le Cordon Blue at Home

2 TBL green peppercorns
6 sirloin steaks abt 6 oz each
Salt
1 TBL vegetable oil
2 TBL butter
3 TBL cognac (I used brandy)
3/4 c. brown veal stock (I subbed my own beef stock)
3/4 c. heavy cream


All Rights Reserved 2008 © Big Black Dog

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Shari said...

I loved this too! 2% is a good sub - less rich and still tasty.

November 6, 2008 at 4:19 PM  
Blogger NKP said...

Oh yeah, that is a dinner! Your man must have been thrilled to be served that steak. The spuds and broccoli are perfect with it. :)

November 6, 2008 at 4:58 PM  
Blogger Gloria Baker said...

Dear Michelle I love your Blog !!! I want to ask you if I may post your recipe of Shrimp Linguine, of course telling is your recipe, I have a Blog in English/ Spanish my name is Gloria and blog is www.canelakitchen.blogspot.com please tell me what you think, I love your recipe. Gloria

November 7, 2008 at 8:48 AM  
Blogger giz said...

So simple and soooo good.

November 9, 2008 at 8:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I want to make this all over again...that peppercorn sauce was so very good. Yours looks excellent...very nice.

November 13, 2008 at 6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home