Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.bigblackdogs.net

Sorry for inconvenience...

Big Black Dog: Whisk Wednesdays — Brochet au beurre blanc

September 17, 2008

Whisk Wednesdays — Brochet au beurre blanc



Well, I'm finally have time to type up my Whisk Wednesdays post that was supposed to posted 2 weeks ago! We're still moving into our home and there's just not enough hours in the day!

We could use any fish so I choose Scallops and made some oven roasted potatoes as our side and a small tossed salad. The meal was outstanding!




Brochet au beurre blanc (Whole Poached Pike with White Butter Sauce)
Recipe adapted from Le Cordon Bleu at Home

Court Bouillion:
1 bunch parsley
1/2 c. dry white wine
1 lb. onions
1 stalk celery
1 leek, chopped coarse
1 sprig fresh thyme
1 bay leaf
coarse salt
20 peppercorns

3 1/2 lb pike

Beurre Blanc Sauce I:
2 shallots, chopped fine
3/4 c. dry white wine
2 TBL white wine vinegar
1 sprig fresh thyme
1 bay leaf
1/2 c. creme fraiche
1/2 lb butter
a few drops of lemon juice
salt and pepper


All Rights Reserved 2008 © Big Black Dog

Labels: , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my this looks yummy! Great job Michelle!!

September 17, 2008 at 10:50 PM  
Blogger Shari said...

Your beurre blanc looks perfect! I'm amazed you can cook, post, and unpack!

September 18, 2008 at 2:34 PM  
Blogger NKP said...

You are making me crave the beurre blanc all over again.
I have never cooked with scallops, they look like they would have been a great choice.

September 18, 2008 at 10:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous...absolutely gorgeous! I am definitely trying this with the scallops. A perfect pairing. Sides sound wonderful, too.

Happy unpacking!

September 19, 2008 at 9:31 AM  
Blogger Ivy said...

Looks wonderful as always.

I have a love-hate relationship with unpacking.
so, happy moving into your house...day? week? month? :)

September 19, 2008 at 7:53 PM  
Blogger giz said...

Hope the move isn't killing you. Glad to see you're still eating well - I mean those scallops look incredible.

September 19, 2008 at 9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home