Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.bigblackdogs.net

Sorry for inconvenience...

Big Black Dog: It's Pink Saturday!

April 18, 2009

It's Pink Saturday!



I was so busy last week that I missed out on Pink Saturday but I did visit many of the Pinksters and their blogs. It is just so much fun to peek in and see what everyone is up to and how they interpret pink in their lives. As always Pink Saturday is hosted by Miss Beverly of How Sweet the Sound.




Now you really did not think that you could get away without seeing my newest cupcake, did you? I've wanted to make Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes for some time and finally whipped them up a few weeks ago. They are delicious and so far one of my favorites. If you'd like the recipe please click here and copy and paste.








Next is one of my floor vessels filled with pink silk Hydrangea. I bought the Hydrangea on a particularly cold, bitter Winter day and when I saw them I could not resist. Our winter was so awful this year and I thought it was never going to end and I needed something to brighten up my home. With so much ice and cold, howling winds outside the pink just seemed like the right touch. I had the silk Hydrangea in another pot but then remembered the vessel I bought at Haeger Potteries. Haeger Potteries is the oldest working pottery in the US and it's about 5 minutes from my house. I love going to Haeger Potteries and everyone there knows me by my first name!! As soon as I walk in the door it's "Hi Michelle" or "Hey Michelle, how are you?" So much fun! Since I'm so close I can pop in any time which means I get first dibs on their test glaze pieces, the one of a kind, never going to see again stuff!! And I love it!!!!! This turquoise vessel with yellow squiggly lines is a test piece and it cost all of $15. What a deal!! Haeger's is the perfect place for that unique wedding gift!







Next is a side of me that few people see anymore, except of course if you're in my home. I'm a needleworker. I quilt, sew, embroidery, ribbonwork, bobbin and needle lace, ribbon embroidery, tatting, basic and advanced embroidery and goldwork, but I probably forgetting a few. Basically I do anything with a needle except I do not do cross stitch or needlepoint. I also do beadwork and bead weaving both on and off loom.

I've made tassels since 1987 and I dearly love making tassels! I do not sell my tassels. I keep a tassel on the bedpost in our guest room and it is my gift to special friends when they come to visit.

This particular tassel, blue with little pink rosebuds, is a combination of embroidery, beading and beadweaving. To make this tassel from start to finish represents approximately 120 hours of my time. I use Japanese seed beads, small pearls, vintage glass beads, perle cotton and other threads to form the body of the tassel.












Thank you so much for visiting my Pink Saturday and don't forget to visit the other Pinksters at Miss Beverly's of How Sweet the Sound.



All Rights Reserved 2008-9 © Big Black Dog

Labels: , , , , , , ,

30 Comments:

Blogger Beverly said...

Michelle, I apologize about your link. Thank you for letting me know, and I have updated it.

You know I love everything about this post. First off, I really need one of those cupcakes - right now. I just came home from taking my mother to urgent care. She has a UTI - so a cupcake would probably make her feel better, too. ;-)

And, that vessel is gorgeous. I would love to be able to visit.

Then, you tell me about all of your needlework skills. I must tell you that I am pathetic when it comes to needlework. I think needles and threads are allergic to me.

That tassel is stunning. What a wonderful treasure.

Happy Pink Saturday.

April 18, 2009 at 10:55 AM  
Anonymous Shirley said...

Those cupcakes sound awesome. Have a happy Pink Saturday.

April 18, 2009 at 11:20 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The cupcake looks so yummy-- I'm always on the lookout for new baking recipes thank you! And the tassels you've made- oh my! Gorgeous! Love your blog!

April 18, 2009 at 11:36 AM  
Blogger Tara said...

I am so making those cupcakes, I'm getting the recipe NOW! They look too yummy! Your tassels are truly a work of art. When do I get to come and visit so I can get my own, hee hee.
Have a Happy Pink Saturday and a great weekend and thank you for coming by to visit!

April 18, 2009 at 1:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing! Happy Pink Saturday! X Es X

April 18, 2009 at 1:35 PM  
Blogger Betty said...

That tassle is wonderful. You must have a lot of patience. Thank you for the recipe. Sounds good! Happy Pink Saturday!

April 18, 2009 at 2:11 PM  
Blogger The Wrought Iron Gate said...

First of all, thank you for the cupcake recipe.....I think cupcakes are a little bit of heaven (key work here, little) you don't have a whole cake sitting around to tempt you, just one or two scrumptious bites and it's done. Now, that said, the other thing that I want to comment on, is that amazing tassel. How very talented you are, and how lovely that your guests receive one as a memento of their visit. Your house would become my favorite destination, you clever girl.

Best Wishes,
Kay

April 18, 2009 at 2:48 PM  
Blogger Abby Lanes said...

I love your entry and your blog. Do you have a "follow" button. I'd like to follow your blog.
Happy Pink Saturday!
~Abby

April 18, 2009 at 3:27 PM  
Blogger Reeni said...

Those cupcakes are so pretty! And your tassles are positively gorgeous!!

April 18, 2009 at 3:27 PM  
Blogger Elyse said...

Another great pink round-up. You know me, though, the pink lemonade cupcake totally takes the cake for me :)

April 18, 2009 at 3:33 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I am so getting the cupcakes form you! I love the tassels. I think it is a skill to get them to look nice!
Happy Pink Saturday!
Jennifer

April 18, 2009 at 4:29 PM  
Blogger {Bellamere Cottage} said...

Oh MYYYYYY! Your workmanship is extraordinary! What a blessing to be so artistic. I love doing detailed things, but I've NEVER done anything like this.

Thanks for coming by!

Blessings,
Spencer

April 18, 2009 at 5:33 PM  
Blogger xinex said...

Everything is so pretty, Michelle. That pottery is so gorgeous and so unique, lucky for you to live closeby. The cupcake looks scrumptious, the hydrangeas are lovely and the tassel is a beauty too.

April 18, 2009 at 6:03 PM  
Blogger Melly said...

Hi Michelle, you are so sweet, I will indeed pass on your best wishes to my Mum, she will be tickled pink!!
I wouldn't be able to eat any of your cupcakes, they are just too pretty you make them look so lovely, how clever and creative you are and your tassel is beautiful! I bet you have people lining up to stay just so they can have one of your exquisite tassels, hand/heart made gifts are the best.
Have a wonderful Pink Saturday!
Melly:)

April 18, 2009 at 6:55 PM  
Blogger Nancy/n.o.e said...

120 hours for the tassel? That's a gift of love, for sure. So very beautiful - your lucky friends must treasure them. Oh, and the cupcake is quite appetizing!

April 18, 2009 at 8:44 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

Your cupcake is making me hungry!! It is sooo beautiful!! Thanks for coming to visit my blog.

April 18, 2009 at 9:42 PM  
Blogger Claudia said...

The cupcake looks so delicious! I love the hydrangea in the beautiful vase and your tassel is simply gorgeous! What talent you have! Happy Pink Saturday!

April 18, 2009 at 11:14 PM  
Blogger Eclectic Chic Style said...

I can't make it past the cupcake, lovely pink sugarey and looks so yummy!!! I'm gonna have to try that one out!!!
Happy Belated Pink Saturday!
♥ Teresa

April 19, 2009 at 4:36 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That cupcake looks delish!

What brought me to your blog was a page at "Craftgawker" that featured your beautiful beaded tassel! That is beautiful! What a lot of time that took! Wow! That is very impressive. It is just beautiful!

Happy Pink Saturday to you! :)

April 19, 2009 at 5:38 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

mmmm....i tried to reach into the screen and grab that cupcake, but it just didn't work (never does)! Lovely pinks.

amy@maisonbelle

April 19, 2009 at 6:45 AM  
Blogger Char said...

Wow, I have to say you are a lucky girl to have a pottery studio practically next door. Your tassels are gorgeous, Happy Pink Saturday, sorry it's really Sunday, hard as I try, I can't seem to get down the list in one day, Char

April 19, 2009 at 8:29 AM  
Blogger The Raggedy Girl said...

What beautiful cupcakes. I wanted to thank you for stopping by for my first Pink Saturday.

Roberta Anne-the Raggedy Girl

April 19, 2009 at 9:19 AM  
Blogger black eyed susans kitchen said...

Stunning cupcake..it made me think of a ballerina for some reason. I also loved your tassel.
♥, Susan

April 19, 2009 at 10:02 AM  
Anonymous Arleen ~ The Tea Room said...

A cupcake and flowers? I need nothing more to celebrate Pink Saturday. What great photographs -- thank you!

~Arleen

April 19, 2009 at 10:25 AM  
Blogger Susie Jefferson said...

The tassel is absolutely stunning! I can see why you adore making them. And thanks so much for the recipe - I'm not much of a cook these days (bad hands) but I am certainly going to give it a go! Happy Pink Saturday!

April 19, 2009 at 1:14 PM  
Blogger NKP said...

You are a lady of many incredible talents! Beautiful tassel, and cupcake of course!

April 19, 2009 at 11:13 PM  
Blogger HiHo said...

your passion for details show in your amazing tassel...stunning! happy late pink, Heidi

April 20, 2009 at 7:41 AM  
Blogger Fifi Flowers said...

I would LOVE to eat that PINK cupcake RIGHT NOW... I think I need lunch!
Happy belated PINK Saturday!
Fifi

April 20, 2009 at 2:52 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

What is this...an entire day dedicated to pink? I must check the link!

Those cupcakes are not only adorable but I love the idea of pink lemondade cupcakes. Scrumptious!

April 20, 2009 at 8:22 PM  
Blogger Deanna said...

Hi Michelle! Thank you for the recipe. The cupcake looks delicious.

¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*´¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ Happy Pink Saturday
Deanna :D

April 20, 2009 at 9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home