Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.bigblackdogs.net

Sorry for inconvenience...

Big Black Dog: Tablescape Thursday **My First One!

April 15, 2009

Tablescape Thursday **My First One!




I've been wanting to participate in Tablescape Thursday, hosted by Susan of Between Naps on the Porch, for about 6 months now. But the weeks just seem to get away from me and before I know it, it's Friday! My friend Kathleen has been after me lately and I decided that this week I'm going to join in on the fun!


For my first Tablescape Thursday I thought you might enjoy seeing some of my "unscaped" serving pieces.

I love my bread plates, they are so fun and colorful! And on 2 of them there is either donuts or bagels depending on what I'm serving! I don't think I've ever passed up buying a unique bread plate. But I needed a small white platter the other day..well I don't own a plain white platter!









Here's my tablescape for just a simple Spring or Summer lunch. I love the color turquoise and was so happy to find this wonderful beverage set. I bought the pitcher, 4 glasses and 4 footed goblets but unfortunately I only have 1 lone goblet left and it was I that broke 3 of them. :(














Please visit Between Naps on the Porch and see the rest of the wonderful tablescapes for today!



All Rights Reserved 2008-9 © Big Black Dog

Labels: , , ,

14 Comments:

Blogger Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

Hi Michelle , you will really enjoy reading all of your comments about your tablescape.Then you will be hooked for sure.
I really like your bread platters.And your plates are so pretty.
I forgot about it being tablescape day , I just put a new post up about some pillowcases I just finished making.

April 16, 2009 at 8:28 AM  
Blogger The Bloom Girls said...

Hi Michelle,

Love your tablescape, you did great! I have been posting for a few weeks now and I am hooked! It is so much fun sharing and getting ideas from all these talented bloggers! I have been looking through your site and am really hungry now! Your recipes look fabulous! Thanks for sharing!

Blessings!

Karyn

April 16, 2009 at 10:47 AM  
Anonymous Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

Be still my heart!! I love this! The blue dishes would be great for my dining room.

April 16, 2009 at 11:22 AM  
Anonymous Teanna said...

Look at all of that! Those are gorgeous!!! I love what you've done!

April 16, 2009 at 1:43 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Beautiful...turquoise is my favorite color,too, yet I have no turquoise dishes! Welcome to TT. I'm pretty new myself and it's an incentive to get out all the dishes I've forgotten I had! :)Nancy

April 16, 2009 at 3:12 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Beautiful...turquoise is my favorite color,too, yet I have no turquoise dishes! Welcome to TT. I'm pretty new myself and it's an incentive to get out all the dishes I've forgotten I had! :)Nancy

April 16, 2009 at 3:13 PM  
Anonymous Christi @ A Southern Life said...

What a great bread plate collection. Love the turquoise plates and the square plates beneath are fantastic.

April 16, 2009 at 4:19 PM  
Blogger Susan @ Oh My! Creative said...

Love your plates...I love turquoise too. Welcome to Tablescape Thursdays...it's addicting!

April 16, 2009 at 7:26 PM  
Anonymous Mary @Boogieboard Cottage said...

Your plates are just beautiful! :O)

April 16, 2009 at 10:03 PM  
Blogger Kammy said...

Michelle, I love the colors ! The
shape of the plates are neat ! I
also enjoyed seeing your platters-the donuts are sooo cute. Nice job-
I will come see you again as I enjoyed your blog ! Hugs ~ Kammy

April 16, 2009 at 10:59 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

Love your bread plates....and your turqoise plates too

Hope your day has been beautiful

April 16, 2009 at 11:12 PM  
Blogger Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Love the gorgeous turquoise plates, they are so pretty. Your bread plates are all so unique and lovely. What a wonderful collection. Hugs, Marty

April 17, 2009 at 10:26 AM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Yeah, you made it!
This is the first one I missed since I started..:(
Your dishes are beautiful!
Glad you joined in...can't wait to see all your pretty things!

April 17, 2009 at 8:11 PM  
Blogger Elyse said...

What a gorgeous tablescape!! Great job. I'm totally impressed.

April 18, 2009 at 3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home