Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.bigblackdogs.net

Sorry for inconvenience...

Big Black Dog: Whisk Wednesday -- Truite de Mer, Sauce Verte

December 11, 2008

Whisk Wednesday -- Truite de Mer, Sauce Verte


This weeks recipe has to be my favorites so far for Whisk Wednesdays! I used almost a lb of salmon fillet for just the 2 of us which should have been plenty but it was not near enough. I wished I had made 2 lbs!!! Gosh it was good and I'm thinking of making it again as a munchie food for Super Bowl Sunday!

The salmon was poached in Court Bouillon. And then Sauce Verte, an herbed spinach mayonnaise, was spread over the fillet and thinly sliced, salted cucumbers were laid over the entire fish to resemble fish scales. I wanted to try making the scales and it was fun. Maybe next time I will try a while fish!!



Truite de Mer, Sauce Verte
Recipe adapted from Le Cordon Bleu at Home

Court Bouillon:
1 carrot, chopped coarse
1 onion, chopped coarse
1 stalk of celery, chapped coarse
Bouquet Garni
1 lemon, quartered
1 c. white vinegar
4 c. dry white wine Font size
3 c. water
Salt

3 1/2 lb salmon trout or salmon

Sauce Verte

Mayonnaise:
2 eggs yolk
1 tsp Dijon Mustard
Juice of 1/2 lemon, abt 2 TBL
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1 1/3 c. vegetable oil
10 oz spinach
4 oz watercress
1 TBL each chopped fresh tarragon, chervil, parsley

Garnish:
3 hard boiled eggs
cucumber
2 lemons


Ooops....I forgot!!!

This week a few members of WWs are going to post pictures of the messy aftermath of making just one recipe from Le Cordon Bleu! It's not that the recipes are difficult at all, but there are many steps involved, ie MANY pots, pans, utensils and small appliances, to layer the flavors which is the essence of French cuisine.

So here's my sink in all it's glory!





All Rights Reserved 2008 © Big Black Dog

Labels: , , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger NKP said...

It is certainly the prettiest! It looks wonderful, perfect holiday food.

December 12, 2008 at 4:16 AM  
Blogger Shari said...

It was delicious! Your salmon looks like the perfect color!

December 12, 2008 at 8:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree...it was so delicious! The cucumber slices turned out to be so much fun. Definitely making this again...yours looks so delicious....that salmon is cooked perfectly. Great job.

December 13, 2008 at 12:49 AM  
Blogger Ivy said...

Those look like clean-dirty dishes. Hahha. I wish my dirty sink looked like that!

December 13, 2008 at 11:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay...that's more like it...LOL! I was wondering if anyone else was going to go naked like Shari and I with our kitchen sink messiness! I have to say it makes me feel a whole lot better to see that everyone else's mess looks like mine does. Misery loves company and all that. Love you pans...I wish I had some of those! Thanks for playing along...this was worth the giggles.

December 13, 2008 at 11:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These look so yummy!! I have to catch up and DO this one soon! Gosh, my sink looked exactly like that ALL week long!
Happy Holidays!

December 14, 2008 at 1:47 PM  
Blogger Shari said...

Thanks for posting your sink full of dishes! Love cooking; don't love dishes!

December 17, 2008 at 9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home