Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.bigblackdogs.net

Sorry for inconvenience...

Big Black Dog: Strawberry Lemonade

July 29, 2008

Strawberry Lemonade

Oh...I am so behind! And I know I'm behind in making my "once a week" lemonades but heck I am so far behind that I'm at the point that it probably does not matter much any more. In the last 2 weeks I've had a touch of food poisoning, a double ear infection, my modem went haywire, virus program was mysteriously disabled and Mr. Tastebuds had minor outpatient surgery! And to top it off Daring Bakers reveal day is tomorrow. So I'm just a little scattered at this point and having a problem with run on sentences.

Now I'll take a breath and get right on with it............

I made Strawberry Lemonade yesterday and it's probably my best lemonade so far! It did not even need the extra sugar on the rim because the strawberries were so sweet. And it's the most gorgeous pinky-red color similar to a Florida sunset. I know strawberry season is almost over but this lemonade is so good, especially with the mint leaves, it's definitely worth the last of your berries!!


strawlemon1-600



Strawberry Lemonade
Recipe developed in the kitchen of Big-Black-Dog

6 whole lemons, juiced
Zest of 3 whole lemons
Water, enough when combined with the lemon juice you have 4 cups
1 c. sugar
abt 20 medium-sized strawberries, processed until smooth
2 large mint leaves

Garnish: 1 whole strawberry and a Lemon slice or mint sprig

Juice 6 fresh lemons and zest 2 of the lemons. Add enough water to the lemon juice to make 4 cups of liquid. Add processed strawberries and stir. Strain to remove any of the nasty strawberry seeds. Add 1 cup sugar or more to taste and the lemon zest. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Muddle the mint leaves in the bottom of the glass, add lemonade and stir. Add ice. Garish with fresh strawberry and lemon slice or mint leaves.


strawlemon2




My Strawberry Lemonade is my entry in Sugar High Fridays #14 Berries blog event hosted by Susan of FoodBlogga.





All Rights Reserved 2008 © Big Black Dog

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger giz said...

With everything going on I'm amazed you could pull it together to even make lemonade. I'll bet it was a good break from life just getting in the way.
If you're posting for DB - gawd, I really hope you didn't start today or I might have to have you committed.

July 29, 2008 at 10:28 PM  
Blogger Beth (jamandcream) said...

Looks lovely and refreshing.

July 30, 2008 at 6:33 AM  
Blogger Susan from Food Blogga said...

Hey Michelle,
Sounds like you need to find a comfy hammock, lie back, and sip a tall glass of strawberry lemonade. Thank you so very much for submitting to SHF in the midst of such craziness. :)

August 2, 2008 at 7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home