Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.bigblackdogs.net

Sorry for inconvenience...

Big Black Dog: Poof'd a Soup

February 27, 2008

Poof'd a Soup

I needed to use up some celery and carrots in the vegetable bins of my refrigerator and decided to make some Vegetable Beef Soup.

Any kind of soup with mixed vegetables is not a favorite of mine but my husband, Joe, loves them. So I went about collecting vegetables and slicing and dicing. I also threw in some left over pot roast from Saturday's dinner. I used both homemade beef broth that I made about a month ago and some chicken stock, again homemade, both were frozen.

And much to my surprise, it was pretty good!






Vegetable Beef Soup

4 c. Beef Stock
2 c. Chicken Stock
4 Green Onions, chunky diced
1 c. carrots, chunky dice
1 c. celery, chunky dice
About 1 c. shredded, cooked pot roast
2 c. spinach, roughly chopped
1 c. shaped pasta, I used small shells
1 tsp dried marjoram
2 tsp dried basil
Salt and Pepper to taste

In a soup pot thaw frozen stocks or you can use canned stocks. Heat. Roughly dice carrots, celery, green onions and add to hot stock. Add cooked shredded pot roast. Add 2 c. of shaped pasta. Simmer until pasta is just tender but not mushy. Add spinach, marjoram, basil and salt and pepper.

Serve steaming hot with homemade bread.


Update!

Our recent blizzard ended around 9:30 am yesterday morning. But even though our property is beautiful, I wish I could see some green grass and buds on our oaks!





All Rights Reserved 2008 © Big Black Dog

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger deborah_ps said...

If that isn't perfect soup weather than I don't know what would be Michelle.
I'm sure the soup tasted perfecto...
because from here I can smell its delicious aroma :)

February 27, 2008 at 10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home