Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.bigblackdogs.net

Sorry for inconvenience...

Big Black Dog: It's officially Summer!

June 15, 2008

It's officially Summer!


It's been so hot here and with so much rain the humidity is atrocious. I've been doing my baking after 9:00 pm just to keep the heat down in the house.

So last night we had a simple dinner of hot dogs, potato chips and a pickle and it was delicious!! But of course I baked the hot dog buns and made homemade potato chips and even the dill pickle was from my pantry collection that was canned last year.



Earlier in the week we had hamburgers again on homemade hamburger buns. I think I'm just going to keep the 5-minute Artisan Dough in the refrigerator at all times and make our buns as needed. The freshly baked buns made a huge difference in the entire meal.




All Rights Reserved 2008 © Big Black Dog



Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Lucy..♥ said...

Hot Dogs & Hamburgers look great, and on homemade buns to boot!!

Great idea about keeping that dough going in the frig! It's become my favorite dough yet!

June 15, 2008 at 1:14 PM  
Blogger OhioMom said...

LOL Michelle, I have come to rely on the 5 minute Artisan as a daily staple here also ... it is such a versatile dough. Hmmmm ... haven't made hamburger buns yet, thanks for the idea :)

June 15, 2008 at 2:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love homemade chips!

June 15, 2008 at 6:19 PM  
Blogger giz said...

I can't remember the last time I had a hamburger and a hotdog - forget about it - I can't even think back that far. Seeing this post makes me crave a good ole burger with tons of junk all over it.

June 16, 2008 at 1:35 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

we recently had the first hot dogs on the grill, and they were fantastic. even my husband who generally avoids meat loved them. next time we are going to try your idea for home made buns - i can't wait to try them!

June 17, 2008 at 6:21 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I'm making up another batch of the Artisan Bread today. It last 2 weeks in the frig so it's perfect to keep on hand for last minute hamburger or hotdog buns and they're so GOOD!!!

Nothing like homemade bread to top off a meal.

June 17, 2008 at 8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home