Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.bigblackdogs.net

Sorry for inconvenience...

Big Black Dog: A celebration, a milestone and a martini

June 23, 2008

A celebration, a milestone and a martini


Well, this is my 100th post on my blog! I never thought I would be writing #100 so soon!! When I began my blog Feb 17, 2008 I just thought I'd post once or twice a week! Then I found the food blog challenges and even joined Daring Bakers, made some new friends and I just took off from there! It's been a blast so far and I hope it continues.

And I will be celebrating visitor #10,000 sometime today too. WOW, just think 10,000 people have visited my little blog!!! And to my regular visitors and new alike, thank you for supporting me! I so appreciate your kind comments and thank you so much for taking your time to visit!



To celebrate I made Strawberry Infused Vodka. Boy, it is good! I am a die hard martini drinker, Vodka Martini, up, with a double olive and twist, and usually don't like the pseudo martinis so popular now. But vodka infused with fresh strawberries was very refreshing and quite good too!



Fresh Strawberry Infused Martini
Recipe developed in the kitchen of Big-Black-Dog

Large glass jar or container
Vodka
Fresh strawberries
Course sugar

Clean strawberries and layer them in your container. Pour enough vodka to completely cover the strawberries. Cover and put in the refrigerator for 3 days.

After 3 days strain the vodka. The strawberries are pretty good to eat but do be careful as they will pack a punch!

Carefully dampen rim of martini glass and dip in coarse sugar. Fill glass with vodka and garish with a large strawberry. YUMMY!!!!




All Rights Reserved 2008 © Big Black Dog

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Lucy..♥ said...

Cheers!! What a better way to celebrate this milestone!!

Boy that looks too good... Are you hick upping or still standing?? hahahaaa ;-)

June 23, 2008 at 9:08 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Isn't that something...100 posts and 10,000 visitors! Who'd a thought!!!

My Mom still thinks I don't cook!!

Michelle

June 23, 2008 at 9:15 AM  
Blogger OhioMom said...

Congrats Michelle ... here is to the next 100 !

June 23, 2008 at 1:06 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

Very nice color, I got here by researching infused vodkas. Thanks for the idea/recipe and good luck!
Congratulations on your 10,000th visitor. :)

February 16, 2010 at 5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home