Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.bigblackdogs.net

Sorry for inconvenience...

Big Black Dog: The Ultimate Shrimp Pasta

April 11, 2008

The Ultimate Shrimp Pasta

I know...I know, I've already posted my pictures and recipe for my Shrimp Pasta.

But I'm entering the first Tested, Tried and True hosted by Giz and Psych of Equal Opportunity Kitchen and I did not feel comfortable entering an event from a post way down in my archives. I take better pictures since I learned about the "little flower" close-up feature so it's better all the way 'around. And it's my blog and I can do what ever I want!

But the Shrimp Pasta is excellent and it deserves a double take!!


ShrimpPasta2-600



Shrimp Linguine
Recipe adapted from my friend Lucy

1 lb large pre-cooked and shelled large shrimp
1 c. EVOO
5-6 cloves of fresh garlic
2 tsp anchovy paste
1 handful of minced parsley
Fresh Ground Pepper to taste
Fresh Grated Parmesan cheese

For Pasta:
1 lb linguine
8 c. water
1 tsp salt
2 T. EVOO

In a small sauce pan heat 1 c. EVOO and whole garlic cloves very slowly on low simmer until garlic is a light brown. Remove garlic.

Heat 8 c. of water, 1 tsp salt and 2 T. EVOO to a boil. Add linguine and cook until pasta is tender but not mushy. Drain and put in large pasta bowl or platter.

On your cutting board mash garlic cloves and add anchovy paste. Mash together until thoroughly mixed.

Add the mashed anchovy and garlic to EVOO and reheat. When EVOO is hot add shrimp and heat for 1 minute. Remove Shrimp. Immediately pour EVOO over pasta. Add pepper and fresh parsley and toss. Place shrimp on top of linguine. Garnish with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and serve.


All Rights Reserved 2008 © Big Black Dog

Labels: , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger PG said...

I'm sure this tastes great. I make a similar dish that is always popular. I haven't added anchovies before. Does it add a lot to the dish? What is the "little flower"? Is that the micro feature on your camera?

Thanks for participating in Tried, Tested and True!

April 12, 2008 at 9:05 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Yes psych...it's the micro feature. I received my new camera in the middle of a rather stressful time in our construction and promptly misplaced the User's Manual.

Try the Anchovies...a taste like no other and SOoooooo good!!

April 12, 2008 at 10:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

boy that looks good even if it's not on a fish plate LOL

April 13, 2008 at 10:20 PM  
Blogger Lucy..♥ said...

Looks so good! It's been sometime since I've made this, I'll plan on it this week...

April 14, 2008 at 11:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks wonderful!

April 16, 2008 at 7:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home