Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.bigblackdogs.net

Sorry for inconvenience...

Big Black Dog: My Box is here...My box is here

March 5, 2009

My Box is here...My box is here


We just finished up our first kitchen swap for Whisk Wednesdays and we've all had a great time with some interesting twists and turns. My partner was one of the newer members of WW, Angela of Spinach Tiger.

She sent me a wonderful box chock full of interesting goodies.




First she sent me 4 mason jars, 3 pts and 1 qt, filled with little bags of Lavender, Wheat Berries, hazelnuts and Juniper Berries. I'm from MI and we call hazelnuts, filberts and I just love them. I do can so even getting the jars is thrilling for me, especially the pint jars which are my favorite!

She also sent me a silicone tart pan which I don't have but have looked at several times now. She also included a package of Pampered Chef stencils. I've never used stencils so this will be fun! A huge tube of Tomato Paste and I just love this stuff and use it all the time. Also included is a little Garden Diary with matching note pad and pen.


I just love the little chickie dish cloth, it is so cute! And 2 wobbly egg cups but I think I will use them for condiment cups. I think they would work out well for shrimp sauce. I can't wait to see Joe dipping into the wobble! LOL!





Angela picked a Mezzaluna for me too. I've wanted 1 for the longest time, so this could not be a better gift. Also included the cutest small bowl that she picked up at a resale shop. And I did need another small prep bowl and this is perfect. I love nothing better then flea markets or resale shops and I cruise them whenever I have some free time.




Out of everything I think my favorite thing is the little bowl. It's obviously made by a young person and being a former art teacher anything made by a child is precious to me.





Angela, thank you ever so much. I know I will enjoy each and every one of the things you chose so carefully for me.



All Rights Reserved 2008-9 © Big Black Dog

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Shari@Whisk: a food blog said...

A Mezzaluna us on my wishlist too! What cool stuff!!

March 6, 2009 at 5:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A mezzaluna is on my wishlist, too! All those things look amazing and wonderful...Angela is very creative, isn't she? I like the idea of using egg cups for cocktail sauce for shrimp...what a great idea...I have a few and they just sit here gathering dust most of the year...not any more...thanks for the idea! Chick towel is very very cute...and the rest of the things are all very fun...I have been looking all over for that brand of tomato paste in the tube...no luck...the one I get is nice, but I have heard that this brand is the best! What fun!

March 7, 2009 at 9:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had fun shopping. As I was purchasing, I kept thinking, I want this too. And, the resale dish was just so cute, I kept thinking I hope you get the nostalgia of it. I love to buy dishes where I look underneath and see a name and date.

The wobbly egg holders were so different, I couldn't resist and using them for condiments is a brilliant idea. Now I have to go post all the special things I received.

March 7, 2009 at 2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home